Trigger Happy Negative Feedback

I was just checking out a forum that I posted on (Symphony Recommendations) to see what other people had to say. So I went over to My Page, and noticed that I had a new piece of feedback.

Much to my dismay, it was a NEGATIVE feedback from a guy I had never even dealt with! The feedback says: "No good. Sent 2 emails to buy his stuff. Never replied. Good luck with him."

First, I never got his e-mails. Whether this was because of a problem with AudiogoN's e-mail system or my Hotmail account, I have no idea. But I never got them. I am usually very good about responding to all inquiries, even those really annoying low-ball offers.

Second, his e-mails were sent the 22nd and 23rd. He left feedback on the 23rd. I didn't even check my e-mail for most of the day on the 22nd!

Is it me, or is this just an unacceptable flippant use of the feedback system? I've found user feedback to be incredibly valuable in the past, and I pride myself on the fact that all of my feedback is positive. Now I've got this ridiculous piece of negative feedback from some guy who has NONE of his own feedback! ARGH!!!!

Please let me know if I'm in the wrong here... I just think this kind of trigger happy use of feedback is detrimental to this wonderful community and should be addressed before it turns into a real problem.

PS - Is there any way to get that negative feedback OFF MY PROFILE?!?
ewha

Showing 1 response by genesis168

Hi, If the transaction did not go through, the person cannot post a feedback for you.

Audiogon rules states that feedback can only be on a COMPLETED TRANSACTION. Let Audiogon know the details of the transaction and they'll be the judge.