Tried Dynaudio Sapphires with Moon 330A + 330p - very disappointing

ok. some of you will kill me for this but I am trying out replacing my old NAD C720 ($200) with some better amp for my Dynaudio sapphires. I just tried out Moon 330A+330P (~C$8000) and went what??? There was certainly a difference but certainly not worth $8000? Utterly disappointed, I am now thinking of going for a decent integrated stereo amp (e.g., NAD 375BEE)?

Am I missing anything here?

(see other post https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/upgrading-receiver-got-a-pair-of-dynaudio-sapphires-nad-c740)
ray_sonya

Showing 3 responses by jafant

ray_sonya,

you are experiencing system dischord (no pun). Perhaps, Dynaudio and Moon are not compatible.  With higher end gear, careful selection is key to a pleasant musical session.  Keep auditioning gear, as it is the only way, to gauge what works to your ears.

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
OP-

I really do not know the brand of electronics that are synergistic w/ Dynaudio.  Keep digging around these forums and you will find some direction to get started.  Happy Listening!
I concur w/ jriggy- the Vandy Treo/Quattro are very finicky, to say the very least.  The 1st order cross-over is very different from other brands, IMO.

I love my Thiel speakers (another 1st order cross-over) and demonstrates another point of view.