Triangle Titus 202 Opinions?

I have recieved much help from many of you in previous threads. I have boiled my search down to the Triangle Titus speakers. But before I go out to buy a pair, I'd like to ask your opinions on these speakers.
denon53

Showing 2 responses by arni

For clarification, the tweeter problems were with the original XS, not the 202, whose name comes from the "new" 202 tweeter. I think these speakers are an exceptional value, although I can only speak for the larger floorstanders from direct experience. However, the virtue of these speakers, i.e. their transparency, can be problematic if the rest of you gear isn't up to par (garbage in, garbage out). Mine (Antals) were too bright in my system until I upgraded my digital source- revealing the limitations of my previous dac/transport.
Don't forget that Stereophile ratings are NOT fixed, but relative to the advances in audio: A speaker that got an A rating in 1995 might not make the C list in 2005. So, I will bet that a/b comparison of the Titus XS (which got the B rating) with the new version would leave the original XS in the dust. Simply, the competition is just stiffer and expectations higher, making a higher standard for the B class than four years ago. Just my 2 cents....