Triangle Celius vs PSB Goldi, ParadmRf100 w/Arcam

I'm upgrading from B&W DM602's, which perform wonderfully biamped w/Arcam Alpha 9 int. and Arcam Alpha 10P. I'm also using an ACI Titan subwoofer. I listen mostly to acoustic jazz, Afro-pop, Latin jazz, and while the B&W's sound great on simpler material, on more complex recordings featuring larger ensembles (octets, etc.), the 602's can't quite reproduce everything clearly and it gets muddy.

I'm thinking of switching to Triangle Celius, PSB Stratus Goldi's, or Paradigm Ref. Studio 100's. All three seem to offer an awful lot for the price. Also in the running are the B&W N805 and Proac Response 1SC. Any recommendations would be helpful and any experience biamping any of the above w/solid state amps.

I've been out of the country for several years and have not had a chance to audition any of the above yet. Thanks for any thoughts/suggestions/ideas.
mrpc

Showing 1 response by tacs

If you like the B&Ws you will also like their newer line, for example, CDM9NT, a lot of the nautilus technology for less and more bass performance than the N805s (more drivers). They are excellent speakers, at about $2k.