Tri-Planar Vll "SE Upgrade"

Contemplating  sending my Tri-Planar Vll back to Tri Mai for his "SE Upgrade". Essentially, same carbon fiber wand and internal silver wire and leads used in his 12" U12 arm. Anybody done the dirty deed?  If so, better, worse or pretty much the same. 

I've only seen one post on the subject and that person seemed more than happy.

Thanks to anyone who responds with personal experience.  No conjecture please. 
128x128rfogel8
I'm not unhappy with my TP though I've always felt the Discovery wiring was a weakness. Tried some of their "better" cables in the past and didn't care for them. 

I hate the idea of making two changes at the same time, wire and wand, so I've decided to just go with the silver wiring harness from cartridge clips to XLR's going into my Atma-Sphere MP-1's phono.

It would be interesting to go with a short pigtail and be able to experiment with other cables but I talked to Tri and he assured me that he's using good quality silver wire so why have another break in the chain.

Down the road, if I read several posts extolling the virtues of the new carbon fiber arm tube on the 10", then I might go for it. 

I'm guessing there are a few of us wondering about the "upgrades" so once I get my arm back and have a chance to listen, I'll report back with my "opinion".  

My cartridge is an XV-1s. These days it may not be as trendy as the newest, latest and greatest but it mates well with the TP and it gets the job done.

That's a terrific cartridge.

What is the rest of your system? How is your cartridge loaded? Gain?
Nice. I had the Tri-planer on a Fickert Blackbird table. Love their cartridges. I was using the Zesto Audio phono stage. Love that as well.