Transport ? - Mod a Sony 7700 or go another route

I've been wrestling with wether or not to have Empirical Audio do the turbo mod to my 7700 for probably 9 months now. I'm about to give birth.

What's holding me back is spending $800 to modify a $250 dvd player. Are there other options out there in the $500 - $750 range that would equal or surpass the turbomod? I know everyone who has done the turbomod has loved it, so I'm really looking for other possible suggestions. If there are none and the turbo mod is the way to go, so be it, then let it be done!

For alternatives I've been looking at Theta Data, EAD, PS Audio, Sonic Frontiers SFT-1 or the parasound belt drive. Some are harder to find than others. If the Turbomod would kick all of their butts then it might just make sense to do that.

I'm currently running the transport to a Nixon tubedac, through a Philly audio blues preamp to an Odyssey Stratos stereo extreme and finally through Odyssey Lorelei's.

Thanks.
byteme

Showing 1 response by drdub

Hi Audioengr,

Would it be possible to post the transport mods for a s7700 with more detail please, so I can get this to the guy who would do it for me?

Many thanks in advance,

best regards - Patrick