Transport for ML360S?

I'm looking for a transport to go with my system. Anyone out there with Levinson 360S DAC using Sony 9000ES as transport? Seems the 9000ES has many fans. Any other recommendations for transports under $2000 that supports 24/96? The rest of my system: ML380S pre and ML 335 amp.
ralee

Showing 2 responses by garfish

Hi Ralee; For CD playback, I use a ML 37 transport with ML 360S DAC-- a tremendous and highly recommended combination for CD playback. And of course, the 360S DAC will already decode 24/96 signals. To connect these two, I use a Cardas AES/EBU digital cable. Cheers. Craig.
Ralee; yes, the M37 is a several year old design, but it is just a transport. The really important (digital) technology is in the 360S DAC, which is near state-of-the-art, IMO. The M37 can be purchased used for $2-2.5K (when you can find it). Madrigal does have a replacement transport for the M37 that is due out sometime this year, however, it will be pretty expensive I'm told. But, I believe it is also supposed to read DVD-A. Happy Hunting. Craig.
More to discover