Transparent Reference Speaker Cable???

I am considering buying some of the Transparent Reference cables. I was hoping I could get some good input on your experiences with this line. I am looking for cables that will give great detail and "centered" vocals. Mostly I listed to classical, but vocals are also very important to me. I am currently using NBS Omega 4's. The instrumentals are lacking separation and detail, but the vocals are great. My equipment is listed below. Thanks!!

Pass x150
Monarchy audio DAC
Marantz dv18
Paradigm Reference Studio sixty's v.2
FMS zero balanced IC
Monarchy Audio 34/96 DIP
NBS Omega 4 (biwired)
lockss

Showing 1 response by mg123

2 comments: 1)I have NBS cables (Statement) and found them to be far superior to Transparent cables. I thought the transparent sounded dull, particularly in the midrange (vocals). Why would you expect cables to sound better if they have more electronics in them? No matter what they put in them, capacitors, inductors, resistors or transistors, adding electronics MUST add distortion and MUST roll off some frequencies. simpler is better. 2) I can imagine that top-of-the-line Transparent will sound better than DH Labs cables which are great cables for the money but cost 1/10 of Transparent. I think you ought to try higher priced NBS and also Tara Labs (The One or The Two).