Towers vs stand mounts with dedicated stereo subs?

I'm looking to change up the front end of my audio set up once again. From what I've put together in the past, it seems that I've gotten the best sound out of bi-amped speakers as opposed to towers. So I'm looking to build off of that and want to make sure I'm not missing something major. My room is about 13x28 with very low ceilings. It's an odd 2nd floor/attic space. 6.5' at the center.
  I'll attach a link to my last set of speakers FS for a view of the room if you are interested. 
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=163796.msg1741364#msg1741364

I had Tekton Double Impacts in here at the same time I had the speakers in the link (GR Research) and the bass (in my room) was awful compared to the beautiful bass that I got out of my open baffle servo subs. My plan was to build new subs and put Tekton Impact monitors on top of them as I really loved the top end of the Tektons. The tone was right and they Imaged for me quite well in this less then ideal room. I already have the amps and woofers to build my new subs. This time sealed and one woofer FWIW.  
I guess my main concern is that the Impact monitor might still sound bloated in my room, as I haven't actually heard one. So I'm looking at other monitors now.
Fritz carbon 7
Studio Electric M4
Trenner & Friedl Art
Nola Boxer
Proac Response
Voxativ Hagen

Basically sub $3K monitors with 6" or 7" drivers.

I think I'm looking for a monitor that doesnt need to play low as I'll be using the powered subs for that.
Does that sound right? I'm not missing anything by using separates instead of a tower and subs am I?

Any idea if I'm on the right path for speaker choice or what I'm supposed to be looking for to know if said speaker meets my needs?

My main music genre would be classic rock and maybe some hard rock now and then. A little jazz but plenty of female vocalists. No need to be able to do classical or EDM stuff.  I like a neutral to warm presentation.
Current pre is Rogue Audio Magnum Ninety-Nine and amp is Decware Tori. 25w X2 but I'm not married to it if I need more power. 

My current speakers are  Emerald Physics 4.7s  https://www.emeraldphysics.com/products/ep-47
I got them just because I needed something and really wanted to hear them in here. 

128x128flavo
Erik-
Why do you say I'm having a room issue? It's plenty likely, but why?
My main question here is about the blending of speakers and whether a tower is as good or better then bi amped speakers.
 The bass on the Tekton was boomy, the bass on the OB servo GR was fantastic and the Bass on the EPs is fine. 
Thank you
Mike
thecarpathian  or anyone really
If you're going to suggest something like, You should look into XYZ, you'll be glad you did. A reason for doing so could go a long way. I do appreciate the help. But why? I'm trying to learn here. 
The reason is, for $1500 you get a wonderful sounding speaker that utilizes high quality drivers and an extremely inert bamboo cabinet. A seven year warranty and a 30 day return policy. The reason you are advised to "look into xyz" is that you will glean much more information about the speaker than can be covered here in a few sentences. And that, is why. Also, welcome to the forum!
flavo with the dimensions of your room being practically exact doubles (6.5+6.5=13) (13+13=26) and 28 ft long you have some serious standing waves.The bass will never be optimal without room correction software and/or better room treatments.GIK will consult with you for free,check out their website.I have no experience with room correction devices but others here can help.
Any speakers you choose may sound somewhat better or worse but never great until you work on your weakest link -the room.My two cents:-) 
Hi OP/Mike:
Just going on what you are trying to change up.

I don't think you are getting better, just different.
The main advantage with a separate bass amp in a home environment (IMHO) is the ability to interject an EQ.

Bass Traps + EQ properly configured can be magical, and are hard to do.