TOTL Headphone Amps

Looking for some feedback on what TOTL headphone amps people are using.  I used a Auralic Taurus MkII for a couple years, and I'm currently using a Rogue Audio RH-5.  I'm considering moving on to a Moon 430HA.  Has anyone tried the 430HA and RH-5?  Are there other headphone amps in this price range that I should be considering?
cbl117

Showing 4 responses by cbl117

I’m the OP. Appreciate all the inputs. I think I’m going to stick with the Rogue Audio RH-5. It is really sounding amazing the longer I run it in. I’m pairing it with a Pass Labs XP-17 and it makes my vinyl sing! I’m getting hooked on the creature comforts too, such as remote standby, volume control, mute, and input selection. The 4 inputs include a balanced-in, which I’ve been using with the XP-17.

I’d love to eventually try the 430HA. I have a dedicated rack, so I am probably in the minority of folks looking for standard sized rack components (i.e. 17" width). The multiple inputs and remote control are requirements now, for me at least.
@big_greg can you compare the AURALiC Taurus with the moon 430ha? I liked the Taurus but sold it chasing the dragon...from memory it had a clean, clear, and warmth to it. Never fatiguing. I’m wondering if the RH-5 is neutral-bright as I seem to get fatigue even at low listening levels. If the ha430 is similar to the Taurus, then that might be a better match for me.
Hey guys, OP here.  I ended up going with the Moon 430HA and sold my RH-5.  Compared to the RH-5, the 430HA has a more "fleshed out" sound with noticeably more resolve.  The mid-low bass is noticeably more detailed.  Keep the thread alive, alot of good info in this thread.
Thanks Greg!

I completely agree with @mitchb . Having also come from the Taurus Mk2, the 430HA is definitely a step up in resolve and mid bass detail. The 430HA has a speaker-like presentation, which I personally love.