Totem Mani 2 sig vs Dynaudio special 25s

hello folks,

I'm looking to upgrade my speakers and wanted to solicit some general feedback from anybody who has had the opportunity to listen to both Totem Mani 2 signatures and Dynaudio special 25 speakers. I currently own a pair of Dynaudio Focus 140s and love their sound. I was able to swing by a Totem dealer the other day and heard their Model 1's and was very impressed so I'm hoping that the Mani 2's sound even better. Any thoughts on how the Mani 2's and Special 25's compare?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!
ucsb21
I've audition both and preferred the Manis because of the bass. The tweeter I don't remember being an significant advantage for either speaker.

If you have great amp(s) to push the Manis or 25s you will be greatly satisfied.
The standard Mani-2s (I have not heard the Sigs) do not have a specially memorable tweeter. Their bass is of course exceptional but as always it depends on room placement and treatment. As Lapierre says you will need an exceptional (and powerful!) amp to drive them or you will not be happy--the texture and inner dynamics of the music will not appear.
Not quite on point but in case this is useful... I traded my dynaudio Focus 140's for Totem The One's. The Ones's are a 20th anniversary upgraded version of the Model 1 Signatures. The Totem's have better quality bass more definition and detail. Also more detail through out the spectrum, generally a more enjoyable experience than the 140's
In my experience, the Focus 140's and the Special 25's are very different sounding -- there's hardly a family resemblance to speak of.
thank you all for the great feedback!

Obviously, the best thing to do is to audition both speakers myself but, as you can imagine, the special 25's are a bit difficult to come across.

Lapierre and Tobias, thanks for the heads up on the need for especially powerful amps. Do you two think that something like Bel Canto's Ref 1000s would pair well with these?

Nieuwen, I have also read about the The One and am interested in checking them out. How would you say The One's compare to The Mani 2 sigs? Also, what are the major differences between The One and the model one signatures?

Drubin, thanks for your input. I hope the differences are to my liking. I'm going to try and audition the 25's as soon as I get the chance.

Two more questions for the forum. Can anybody tell me what the major difference between the Mani 2's and the signatures are?

Finally, I would also like to solicit some feedback on Harbeth speakers, as I have heard many positive things about them. How do their line of speakers stack up to the offerings by Dynaudio or Totem?

Thank you all for all of your time!!