Totem Acoustic Forest Signatures

I am putting together a new 2 channel system! I am looking for a new pair of speakers and my budget is around $7000. This thread has to deal only with the Totem Acoustic Forest Signatures!!!!!!  I have always been a fan of Totem Acoustic and love the Totem sound.  I have owned almost all their speakers except for the element series and the Forest Signatures. I have been trying to find reviews on the signatures but can't find anything useful so I am turning to the Audiogon crowd.

Has anyone demoed these or does anyone currently own a pair or owned a pair in the past that can give some useful insight? I don't listen to my music at high volumes and my music mainly consists of R&B from the 50's till now.

The speakers will be hooked up to the following - Hegel H360 integrated 
- Hegel Cdp4a CD player 
- Audioquest Wild Blue Yonder interconnects
- Audioquest Wild Wood speaker cable
- Audioquest Wel Signature power cables
- Shunyata MPC12A power conditioner but looking to upgrade to their new Denali series.
Ag insider logo xs@2xbrandonosman23

Showing 7 responses by bg3584

Hi Guys, i have scoured the internet for any info on the forest signatures and this thread here is the best thing going it seems. Can't find any professional reviews..which is ok, im no professional. i just like to rock out when listening rather then analyzing sound. Just there to enjoy it. Having said that, keep this thread going guys!! I want to hear more! I have always wanted a pair of totem forests.. Ive never heard them, just LOVE the look and the idea of totems addictive sound. There is a totem dealer somewhat close but they dont have forests for demo. My amp is a NAD C388. Do you guys think that will be ok with the forests? It's 150w per channel, since they seem to be power hungry. I dont have the budget to get crazy nice gear, but i do want these crazy nice speakers. They will be in a 2.1 setup that i actually watch tv and movies with as well. These speakers would be fine for that too right? I listen to all types of music. Currently have Sonus Faber Venere 3.0s that im trying to get rid of in order to get these. They are awesome, but seem too laid back, i want something with more excitement! Or top end sparkle that I think im missing. They are great with classical, jazz, and blues which im def a fan of but sometimes i like to listen to electronic or even metal! So even if you don't answer any of this, Dave_B, Nutty, keep talking about these speakers and hyping me up!!!
Wow, thanks so much guys. The support from you guys makes me want them even more. Swinging for the fences is a great way to put it, cause the sigs are pretty pricey. If I can't get a deal from the dealer, ill probably have to go with the regular version forests. Which should still be awesome I think! Don't think I'll get a deal as they don't have any forest, or forest sigs in stock. I believe they have the sky's in stock, so I can go check those out to hear the totem sound. I'll ask about taking my amp. Do have a question about the normal forests. I know they have been around for quite a few years now. Has anything changed over the years on the forest? Cause there's other alternatives speakers/manufacturers that have much more up to date speakers if thats the case. Not that im interested in anything else, just wondering or hoping, that they've made some updates over the years to keep them performing for their price point. This is all in case I can't get a deal on the sigs :/   Tons of great info from you guys! Thanks!!!
Forgot to mention this earlier. Another part of the reason i'm asking about any changes in the forest over time is because I've seen some publications or reviews on the forests that said they were $3.5k for the pair. The dealer told me they were $4.2k(satin finish) so they have went up in price quite a bit over time.
Just posting an update. Finally ordered a set of Forests in satin white! Regular version though. I went a little different route with the amp. Getting a deal on a NAD M32 master series integrated. Its 180wpc rather than the previous amps 150wpc, which I was able to return. Should be a better amp then their regular series amps. It's reviewed very well anyways. I couldn't afford the signatures :( But with a little bit better amplification then I previously had I think the forests will be great for me! I know i'm flying blind on these as I haven't heard either but the totem dealer took my Sonus Fabers on trade(which is awesome because I tried and couldn't sell them) and the NAD M32 is one of the only integrated's on the market that has the availability of 4k hdmi. I'm using this as a 2 channel setup with a tv, which was a requirement. So, any recommendations on budget speaker cables? like in the 100-200 range? I have been recommended signal cable from a very knowledgeable gentlemen on this thread but looking for any other opinions or ideas as well!
Thanks!
Hi, I know you guys have been recommending more power but do you think a Simaudio ACE all-in-one at 50wpc would be OK with the Totem Forests(non signature)? I emailed Totem and they said 50wpc would absolutely suffice if the listening room is not too large, which it isn't. I'm trying to find a all in one type player in the 2k'ish range and it seems to be difficult to find. I had said before that I was going with the NAD M32 but that deal passed me up(was a refurbished unit). This is for a 2 channel system with a connected TV and also needs to have network streaming like Tidal. I was originally looking at the M32 because it has available HDMI slots but I guess i can just hook the TV up to the Simaudio or whatever else is recommended via optical. I know everyone recommends auditions but unless you live in a big city that has exactly what you looking for available and the shop is cool enough to let you audition it, that's not really possible. So for the 2k'ish range, what do you think? 

Thanks
Well somebody must have heard my frustration. Just like that a refurbished NAD M32 popped up for the first time in a couple months. So I picked it up! You guys are good luck! Thanks!

Hi nutty, right now not much. I had a NAD receiver powering Sonus Faber Venere 3.0's but traded those in on the forests. Have some cables by some company no longer in business. So pretty much working with a clean slate on a budget. Room is 12x25ft wide. This is an open kitchen looking out to living area type room. Kitchen is off to the left of living area, no wall in between. So the listening area where the speakers would be would be more like 12x15ft of that. Hope that makes sense. Its just going to be a 2channel/tv setup. Would like to have internet streaming(spotify/tidal) and be able to connect to TV so TV plays through speakers. But, i'm on a budget, so i need some decent amplification and cables. I've been recommended signal cable and clear day shotgun cables which i will probably get. Just having hard time finding a good amplifier in my budget of 2k(ish) that fits the above criteria. 

Thanks,
Ben