Torqueo - any info or updates?

Dear fellow Audio hobbyists,

just entered the forum, so a quick intro: Erik, 43 years old, living in the Netherlands. Have enjoyed a decent TT, amplifier and box setup, but now looking to take the next step.

This next step, is very much looking at great audio quality but also the looks. And I now ended up at these beautiful machines from Torqueo in Italy (torqueo-audio.it). I really REALLY like their design, but there are so little reviews, or even info, available on their assortment. With price tags that are pretty steep for my standards, of course one would first like to listen to a setup and just 'see' in real life, but no distributor in the Netherlands.

So my question:

- does anyone have experience with Torqueo equipment, and what are your findings? 
- do you own a Torqueo? Would love to hear about your setup and experiences?

Thanks everyone, greatly appreciate any response!

Best, Erik 

ek1977
Mijostyn,If you would stop selling Sota turntables on this website, maybe then you would be able to evaluate some other brand of turntable on its own merits. If you don’t like idler drives, and we know you don’t like unsuspended turntables, then obviously you would not choose the turntable that this OP is asking about. So really you have nothing to say. Idler drive is not my first choice either, but the OP is asking about this singular product. And for all I know it might be a great sounding turntable, or not.
@lewm there are different turntables available, here is the one with tonearm pod or pot :)

This is something new, reminds me an old broadcast turntables.

It’s an eye candy. My Ikeda IT-347 in satin finishing it better match that glossy one on their site. 
Thanks everyone, for your quick insights and viewpoints. From a design point of view I don't like the sota. 

It's such a shame that there isn't any info or a dealer nearby in order listen to the noise the idler makes. Big bet, hence I hope there might be more forum members who are able to point me in the right direction, or have actually seen the Torqueo machines in action....
Thanks, Chakster. Working on my cell, I didn’t see that page on their website. That pod does not inspire my confidence for many reasons. I do like the model where the arm is mounted on the plinth much better. And I did notice they are partial to Ikeda tonearms. What is the price range of these products? If over $5000US, I would not make a purchase without in person viewing and especially listening. Maybe the OP can wait until the pandemic subsides enough to permit traveling to Italy or somewhere else on the continent that is perhaps closer to the Netherlands, so he can see, hear, and feel these turntables in person before purchasing. It makes a lot of sense to do that.
Hi Lewn,

yes, it 10k plus EUR... and I indeed had the idea to travel there when Covid allows. By the way, they custom make the base of the tonearm, specifically for your tonearm. So I have a Jelco and a Ortofon, they can be custom-fit. So that’s nice, because it is all bespoke. 
Large investment, hence my research. Everytime I think maybe go for a Dr Feickert, and look at the Torqueo’s design again, and fall in love with the Italian looks. Can’t help myself :-)

I would go for the T34 with indeed the tonearm on the base, not the compact version where tonearm is separate.