Top turntables?

Which turntables bring out the most from our vinyls.
The presence ambiance, that "you are there" feeling.
I am looking to upgrade from an old tnt.
pedrillo

Showing 2 responses by ira2000

I can't argue with what you heard. I can say I used it with a Music Reference pre and and later a Supratek Syrah pre. A Nottingham cartridge and a Myabi Standard. Good enough? I think so. Even a cartridge as superb as the Myabi couldn't help that thing. The music eminates froma gray back ground, not much detail, and a consticted soundatage. And don't even talk to me about the tonearm. What a joke! I picked up an Alphason HR 100mcs for $400.00 after I sold the Yorke. It kills the Yorke arm. The price of the Yorke combo? What's it over $15,000 now?
When I had it a local guy here called me to hear it, said he wanted to but one. He brought over his Rega P9 to see how much better the Yorke was. Now his 'table's cartridge at the time was a Benz wood body, better than my Nottingham MM. Still, the P9 destroyed the Yorke. he just left and said nothing. That's all that needed to be said. I lost respect for Fremmers' reviews after owning the Yorke. Also made me very skeptical of the whole industry. Team the 'table with a pair of Thiel speakers and some awful solid state equipment and you got a good torture device.