Top Ten Speakers of All Time?

Well its time for a new Top Ten Thread. WOW-Have I learned a lot.Thanks to all Audiogon members.Have had several e mail thanking the Top Ten Threads. We have a lot of new members just starting their High End adventure. Info was much appreciated. I will start the thread for the Acoustat 2+2 and Model 2 of which I still own and continue to enjoy. So lets have your top ten members. --- MANY THANKS ---
ferrari
My favorite speaker(s) of all time???

(01). KEF Reference 105/2
(02). Vandersteen 2Ci/Vandersteen 2Ce
(03). B&W Nautilus 801
(04). Martin Logan Statement
(05). Infinity IRS Beta
(06). Infinity IRS V
(07). Wilson Audio WATT/Puppy System

Obviously.... I haven't listened to enough REALLY good speakers in my lifetime in order to compile an actual "TOP TEN" list. But the ones that are listed above are the ones that I have listened to over the last 25+ years (and I am only 40) are the ones I am familiar with. They are listed without regard to price. Because I feel that if you have good engineering, good execution, and good performance right along with good support, that will go a long way toward putting out a good product that will last almost indefinitely. Price only comes secondary after the fact. Any of the speakers I have listed above will be a welcome addition to my audio system. But only if they are paired with the correct amplification and front-end anciliaries. And in saying that, I can use the Vandersteen 2's now with my current system if I just want to make the change to acquire these speakers without further tinkering as far as my system is concerned. The other six I have listed will require a drastic change in amplification and anciliaries before I can get any enjoyment out of them. But just like I said though, if I end up with any of these speakers right now, I don't think I'll be disappointed.

Just for the record, I currently own the baby sized version of the KEF Reference 105/2......... the KEF Reference 102. The 102's may not be the last word in ultimate low end extension, but they have a midrange clarity and an airy top-end that you can just die for. And they image like the devil too. I had mine for 15 years now, and during that time, I even auditioned other speakers in the event of finding something that could finally supplant them and ultimately replace them. That hasn't been done yet. And next to my Nakamichi BX-300 Cassette Deck (which I had a year longer than the KEF Reference 102's), if I can keep a component THAT long, then it must be doing something right. I know of some marriages that don't even last THAT long.

--Charles--
Not sure if anyone has listed Cello Stradivari Master and Grand version (with Dynaudio drivers). They are great speakers.
Over the years only a few speakers have really sounded like music. From the 1970's till now I would mention; Magnepan Tympani D,Beveridge electrostatics , Soundlab R1, stacked Quads, dayton wright XG8-10 with the leaf tweeter,Hill Plasmatronics (best $10,000 tweeter ever),Watson labs ( Mike Wright design), Appogee Duettas,Martin Logan Quests and Monolith 111. More recently the Magnepan 1.6 and 3.6, and Inner Sound electrostatics seem like the best sound quality for the money. I have yet to audition the new soundlabs, or the Avantegarde line and Avalon Eidolons which have all gotten rave reviews. I have left out the huge mega buck speaker systems that few can afford or have the space for.....
I have to say altec lansing they have the history and the best sounding equipment in the world hands down.try there famous 604 duplex or there voice of the theater A7 and model 19s. they will simply blow the doors off anything you have to compare JAMES B LANSING is without a dought the grand audio daddy of them all god bless.