Top resistors

Many threads with opinions on boutique coupling capacitors, but very little consolidated information on the sonics of resistors. Anyone care to share their thoughts on the attributes of their favorite brands & types for specific tube and SS applications? How much of a difference does a good resistor make?

My interest in the topic increased after recently installing the latest Texas Components nude Vishay TX2575 in several SS and tube phono & LS components. This was a proverbial "Ah-ha" moment-- a stray resistor dropped into signal path here or there, surprising with an improvement that equalled or surpassed the impact of a switch to a top coupling cap like V-Cap or Mundorf.
dgarretson
justubes2 or salectric, do you have any more progress to report on the Path Audio resistors. I presently have Kiwames mixed with Duelunds in the tweeter section. The top end is quite lively (bright) and using all Duelunds was too bright. Mixing Kiwames tamed things down but I would like to get better resolution but without the brightness.  Did you find the Paths mixed well will Duelunds? Also, do the Paths affect the rhythm. Any further input on the Paths will be appreciated.
Sbl, I am afraid I can't help you.  I abandoned my Duelund resistors (regular and CAST) several years ago.  Same thing with my Path Audios.  All of them left too much of a fingerprint on the music.  Therefore I went back to where I started---with Mills 12w---and I have had no interest in trying anything else.  Sorry.
@pbnaudio Nope, here is a better example:

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Welwyn-Components-TT-Electronics/EMC2-4R7K/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMs%2f2%2...

These are quite common in amplifiers. They come in a variety of useful resistor values, but are also fuses which will permanently open above their rated power.
I'm mostly with @salectric though sometimes I want to try some of the really exotic thick-film types, that come in TO type containers like this:

http://partsconnexion.com/resistors_caddock_mp.html

Put a heat sink on them and I think they would make a crossover look slick as hell. :)

No idea about the sound quality. :)
I have also replace the  Duelund resistors with Path Audios.

I have'nt done much comparisions, but have been contented with the Path's. It is just too tedious

The Duelunds have much more of a colouration and emphasis towards the upper frequencies which i also noticed even before trying the Path's.

There's a new resistor on the block, Lefson from frace and are also carbon based.

Likely, also made from a 20 cent pencil lead like the Duelunds.