Top brand speakers

Could someone with a vast experience with speakers/subwoofers say which ones are the top brands and worth the money.
freesoulbg
What do you mean by media? If you are talking movies, they probably would sound better in surround.
By media I mean - a source like Youtube, like mp3s and stuff which is streo. The Bluray rips, etc are decoded via my decoder to Dolby/DTS and have far better sound but when the raw signal from the sound card is crappy :(
I have another question for those more familiar with the electronics - today I had some short power outages which resulted in broken audio system again - the light which indicates the power is blinking. When i got the system from the repair shop (they didnt repair it at all) I plugged it in and it was working, but since today after those bad power inputs it is not again. I wonder what that could be - it seems only after a power surge of some sort this can happen.
you do have a power strip of some sort with a fuse of some sort to avoid this? even an inexpensive one will do the trick.
Veroman - could you please translate it or refer with a Google picture since I am not so familiar with electronics :)
And then how should I perform the trick :)