Top 5 Reaons to NOT BUY A TURNTABLE.

128x128jerryg123
Actually, the reason not to get into vinyl in that it is an antiquated, obsolete, problem ridden medium fondly remembered by old men like the Edsel Ford. It is a waste of money and space better spent on buying music and hard drives.

There, I got it out of my system.
Actually, I would add to the list that if someone is the type of person that would constantly be worried about alignment, VTF, VTA, antiskate and record cleaning, they are much better off with digital. I’ve seen more than one person who cannot enjoy vinyl because they are too stressed out about setup. @mijostyn5, I agree with you in part, but the fact is a lot of young people are buying vinyl now because they think it’s cool. Aside from that, I have never read a post anywhere from a person owning top-shelf analog and digital setups say the digital sounds better.  I understand how some people are so annoyed by some random pops that they can’t enjoy the medium, but with proper record care, it’s really not that much.
Here are mine...
Stylus
Cartridge
Tonearm
Platter
Clamp
Phono preamp
Isolation
Record cleaner
Snap
Crackle
Pop
etc.
etc.

Love it. Love the fact that people are passionate about vinyl and people are passionate about the digital platforms.

I love them all and for me it about the music.