Top 5 Reaons to NOT BUY A TURNTABLE.

128x128jerryg123

Showing 16 responses by jerryg123

@williewonka I would agree on the slow news day comment.
I am a analog guy though I do have some CD and stream a bit to.
Keep spinning.
Love it. Love the fact that people are passionate about vinyl and people are passionate about the digital platforms.

I love them all and for me it about the music.

@pedroeb yet you stream your digital content, upload, download, or play a CD and run that signal through a Digital to ANALOG converter and push that signal to your amp. So what is your point? 
Analog to Digital to Analog. 
Talk about delusional…. 
@rauliruegas Wish I could understand what you are trying to convey.
Thinking you like the digital domain as I too enjoy it but prefer analog/vinyl. Yes I have a great analog front end and a collection going back to when I was 10.

Dude you have like 3 turntables in your system. Bit of hypocrisy.

So enjoy your Analog to Digital and back to Analog.You should read what Nelson Pass has to say about distortion in audio.
Here I found this video so you do not have to read. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Prz6IpHlSg
Enjoy the music and DISTORTION IS GOOD.
@rauliruegas I do enjoy Digital listened all day today.

Again read my earlier  comment I enjoy streams, cd, but analog the most.

Form me it is about the music not the freaking gear. As a musician it always has been.

have a wonderful rest of your day.
@jg2077 I agree. I also enjoy my digital components but prefer the analog section more.

@ebm that may be but he has an audience…
@rauliruegas

That's your privilege and nothing to argue against it.
Then why are you?
You prefer the " analog section " and what this really means? only that you like a medium that's not to close/truer to the recording a medium that, like it or not, developed way higher any kind of distortions everywhere.

No this means I prefer it period.

I love my " analog section " too but my target is to stay nearer/truer to the recording with out any explanation today digital medium is the only medium that can achieve my target and that target says that if you are truer to the recording/nearer to then you are nearer to the live MUSIC too.

Every move/action in my room system is for both mediums ( no matters what ) been as nearer to the recording as its own limitations can permit it.

And that is good for you Raul. All I did is post a video.

That you be a musician does not helps to stay truer to the recording and you confirmed when posted : " prefer the analog section ". Period. 

No you are wrong. When we preform it is analog. When we have had the privilege to record and could afford the studio time it was laid to tape and is analog.

You like what you like and I will do as I do. I am not here to persuade you I simply posted a funny video.

Have a good day.

Jerry Gage.
@vladtheimpala

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzboringzzzzzzzzzzzzz
I have maybe 6 albums that snap crackle or pop out of 1200.
50 years and still love my vinyl and I do enjoy digital but not like I do vinyl.
Three reasons not to buy a turntable: snapcracklepop @vladtheimpala Three reasons not to buy a turntable: snapcracklepop @vladtheimpala Three reasons not to buy a turntable: snapcracklepop @vladtheimpala Three reasons not to buy a turntable: snapcracklepop @vladtheimpala Three reasons not to buy a turntable: snapcracklepop
@rauliruegas you are right there is a misunderstanding as I can not understand what you are trying to convey.

I am done with this thread, time to move on.

Have a wonderful evening and listen to some music my friend.