Tool fan needs help with speakers (and electronics)

Just like the title says. I mainly listen to Progressive Metal, Grunge and Classic Rock.

I'm looking to build a system with an emphasis on speakers. My all in budget is $5K. Will consider used. My listening room is 4,368 cubic feet. 21' (L) x 16' (W) x 13' (H). Tile floor. No acoustic treatments. Not currently interested in vinyl or tube amps.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thx.

jpaz
My buddy who likes Tool, Massive Attack, Rebel Moto Club, etc uses Triad speakers

have fun

Big (used) Golden Ear towers with the built-in POWERED subs. Drive with a decent used HT receiver (lots of bang for buck) or used integrated.
ACDC's Stiff Upper Lip CD sounded great on my OHM Sound Cylinders! A good recommendation for an affordable pair of speakers that can "rock out"!
If I were looking for a loud rock n roll speaker I'd probably go active.  I actually did go active a few years back when I bought a pair of used ATC 110s for 5k.  That was a rare find but those things will really rock.  Music Direct sells a JBL line that would be great for hard rock I'm sure.  A 12" woofer is great for rocking.  

https://www.musicdirect.com/best-selling-cost-no-object-reference-gear/JBL-L100-Bookshelf-Speakers
Will you add room treatment (including a nice rug and pad underneath?

If keeping the way it is, something from Ohm Walsh may be of interest.

Otherwise:

* Outlaw RR2160: ~$900
* NHT C4: $2000 or Polk LSiM 707: $2100
* 2x Rythmik F12-300: $1400 (your cubic space is huge, which needs large subs, and you need dual subs to combat room modes, or get room treatment, but bass corner traps are expensive).
* Maybe, a Topping D50 (in silver to match) if you feel the DAC on the Outlaw isnt great, though this can be bought after the fact.

Use the bass management on the Outlaw to crossover at around 60Hz.
If you want as are somewhat tech-savvy, $300 for a MiniDSP 2x4HD and mic to do DSP for the subwoofers (and the speakers if you also want to).

Get some nice cables: 
* speaker cables 
* subwoofer cables 
* Toslink cable