Too Many Forums asking about how to improve ones system, etc.

I have been reading so many forum posts lately that are asking for advice on improving ones system.  They ask about amps, preamps, speakers, cables, etc., but the person asking for information does not state what improvements they are looking for.  Recently one person said he did not hear a difference with a particular product but others did.  Well that seems useless to me as I don't know what the other people were hearing with a product that I am familiar with to know how to provide advice.  There are many ways to improve ones system but we need more information to narrow down the advice otherwise you will get too many suggestions from cabling to amps, preamps, etc.  You can improve a component by replacing a few resistors but each of those has a sound so I cannot recommend something if I don't know what exactly you are looking to improve.

Thoughts????
bigkidz
Probably 90% of audiophiles buy based on reviews. Most won't admit to it, but its easy to see. Many come here to seek conformation.
Hard not to seek conformation when big-bucks are involved .
And what big bucks are to me, may be pocket change to you .
If a guy wants an upgrade, it's pretty easy to steer them in the right direction, the same way my audio dealer steered me in the right direction when I was young. I don't make a recommendation unless it's a giant step up, a change that a deaf person could hear. Once you have a system that is reasonably good, then you'll need to know what direction a fellow wants to go in but big changes are easy even with the most basic info. 
I asked for advice on getting started with a turntable setup, and advice on power conditioning. Got a lot of useful opinions and was able to move up the learning curve much more quickly. Ended up going with setups I had never heard of before. And glad of it. Also saved a bunch of money by avoiding my previous costly trial and error method. There are a number of guys on this forum who are knowledgeable and don't mind sharing their wisdom. If you can't ask for advice on this forum than what is the point?
Oh dear it was I who asked that question. Of course I may not be the only criminal here. Wait. I thought that's what these forums are for... sharing experience. 
Ok why did I ask? My system was at a certain point of development and I was receiving advice that two channel was a much better path for development than my multi channel pre/pro could muster. So I was exploring. Is that ok with everyone? Too bad anyway really. I was doing it and I confess. I must say not a lot of useful info came back to me. But I did find one Audiogon post listing so many great brands this guy was trying out. Brands like Classe and Pass that with this one post of five pages or so I had hit the mother load. So given that I reside in Saudi Arabia, yes really why not?, and there's only 2-3 Ac stores in the capital and no clubs ( I am thinking of starting one, I started a movie club already) its only through vicarious means that I can learn more. No I could go to AXPONA or Munich Hi-Fi shows but instead I come back here to Australia for my vacations. So next time you're  frustrated that we seem to ask dumb questions have a little thought that something real lies behind such questions. They may not be coming from a place you know. Have a little patience they are points of inquiry and opportunity to share knowledge and experience 🤓Many posters here report such valuable experiences. I certainly enjoy sharing with others across the globe here.