too bad Audiogon seems to have morphed to fussy, picky buyers

For years I've bought and sold here with no drama but that seems to have been changing. Now sellers seem to want retail pricing for their products while wanting to low ball on anything they want to buy.

At the same time I see more and more fussy buyers nitpicking the purchase, requiring tons of hand holding and concessions after they buy a fairly represented good working order item. 

No longer fun for me unfortunately.
128x128cowan217
To flesh out the tuner part-- Will be very difficult to get close to what I would like for whichever tuner or turners that I sell although I have seen some high bidding on Ebay over the years.   Go figure.. It all just depends what one is selling and if there happens to be someone on a mission to get what is being sold.  
At any rate,  hearing others on here regarding the nightmares that can unfold has one trying to come up with a way to ensure that a buyer can not just return on a whim.  
Hi fellows,
Good afternoon!
Cherish the golden selling time before the next financial crisis arrives! Hi-end gears are of course overpriced. The second hand market price reflects what it really worth. Very few Hi-end gear can be categorized as artwork. Most of them are just consumer electronics. Imagine a seller lists a 7 years old iphone 4 in mint condition for 200 usd (66% off retail price)

Kdude166:

My friend, if you are only gonna stay on the "buy" side of transactions, you will have a houseful of gear over time.  Yeah, I say the same thing about drinking after having a couple too many the night before, then I come back to reality.  I will drink too much again and I will buy and (consequently) sell audio gear again.  I am powerless against both urges.

Tis a buyer's market, no question, in the aftermarket these days.  I picked up an Ayre QB-9 DAC for $500 a couple of months ago... the best audio bargain I have ever gotten.  I have taken a loss on virtually every piece of audio gear I have sold, and most of it was bought used to begin with.  On some gear it was a loss of a couple hundred bucks and on some speakers as much as a grand.  Frankly, it was all good fun.  What I don't understand are the brutal beatings guys take on a uber high end gear -- particularly goofy expensive cables.  I have never played in that realm of audio gear, but selling a pair of $10K speakers cables for $4500 would an experience I would not want to experience.  

My view is that this is a brilliant time to acquire gear at great price via AG and the other audio forums.  Some counterparties can be a PITA to deal with (i.e., ultra low-ballers), but I have made a ton of audio friends over the years buying and selling gear so net-net, it is a great way to connect with music lovers.  Kicking issues like this about with folks like Kenny and others on this forum is always informative.  
@skiroe, people still listen to FM?  Why? With Spotify, Pandora, Tidal, randomized playlists, etc., why would anyone want to buy an FM tuner and listen to FM?
@moto_man 

You could say the same thing about vinyl but it has stayed the course.
There will always be a niche market for certain sources.
Sure most people think cassettes are junk but I have quite a few really well mastered ones that are still a delight to play.