Tonearm for Luxman PD 441

I have a late 70's Luxman PD 441 turntable with a Grado The Reference high output cartridge that I really like.  I'm thinking that my weak link is the old Denon DA 307 tonearm with that goofy rubber for damping.  Any suggestions on an easy switch for under $1,000, even used?  Thanks all.
bdunne
Seems like the Fidelity Research FR 54 is a lot less expensive to buy than FR 64.  Is there much of a difference?  They both seem to be same dimensions, so should work with my PD 441
Could you not just get a local woodworker/vinyl enthusiast to make a tonearm board for you? That's what I do. Usually around 100 to 200 bucks
regarding a tonearm board, I'm not sure how I would attach it to the table.  The spot where the tonearm would attach normally is on a sliding track, so there is seemingly quite a bit of adjustment available to get closer or farther away from the spindle.
After removal the locking armboard you will see that the sliding assembly separates into two pieces: a locking base common to all Luxman 441/445 armboards, and a screw-attached top plate with holes of varying diameter to receive various tonearms. The top plate can be replaced with a custom plate of varying thickness, with a hole of variable diameter to receive any tonearm pillar.