Tonearm for Luxman PD 441

I have a late 70's Luxman PD 441 turntable with a Grado The Reference high output cartridge that I really like.  I'm thinking that my weak link is the old Denon DA 307 tonearm with that goofy rubber for damping.  Any suggestions on an easy switch for under $1,000, even used?  Thanks all.
bdunne

Showing 4 responses by bdunne

Thanks for the advice.  I've never attempted a tonearm mounting before.  Just cartridge changes.  Am I in for a lengthy and confusing process?
Thanks for the heads up.  I wonder how I find options that will fit similarly to the existing Denon arm?  I'd rather not get into chasing down rare and expensive tonearm bases.  
Seems like the Fidelity Research FR 54 is a lot less expensive to buy than FR 64.  Is there much of a difference?  They both seem to be same dimensions, so should work with my PD 441
regarding a tonearm board, I'm not sure how I would attach it to the table.  The spot where the tonearm would attach normally is on a sliding track, so there is seemingly quite a bit of adjustment available to get closer or farther away from the spindle.