Tonality of Jay's Transport?

Having demo'd the Pro-ject RS2 and compared it to my Sim260DT, I'm well aware that transports differ in terms of their capacity for reading data off a disc. 

I returned the Pro-ject (I found its small size and light weight impractical) before it was burned in and therefore garnered little sense of how it affected the overall tonality of my system. Furthermore, it was demo'd before I acquired my current integrated. 

Now I am considering purchasing the Jay's and am wondering if anyone can comment on its tonality. I'm particularly interested in how it might affect the mids in my system. 

Although my Aqua La Voce 2 DAC and Silverline SR17.5 monitors are typically regarded as warm, I've found my Hegel H390's neutral character has a greater impact on the sound of the system, overall. I often turn up the mids to 2 - 0 - clock on my Schiit Lokius and would not want a transport than would impart any sense of lean-ness. As I cannot return the Jay's, I feel a need for caution, here. 

Thanks! 

stuartk

Showing 1 response by alvin1118

Does anybody here do  download off NUGS

FLAC files That will play on Jay's Transport?

Jay's CDT plays Redbook CDs. 

The confusion lie on whether these FLAC files are burnt to the disc as a 'Data Disc' or an 'Audio CD'.

A Data Disc may content mixed files types, i.e. FLAC/mp3/AIFF/etc.

Audio Disc, often known as Rebook CD, is a standard disc with audio content medium digitized at 44,100Hz. 

Hope this clarifies!

Alvin @ www.vinshineaudio.com

Rep of DENAFRIPS, Jay's Audio, Kinki Studio