To upgrade from Simaudio 600I to 740p/860a combo?

Again, I ponder whether I should take the plunge and upgrade from the current Simaudio 600i integrated amp (125watts in 8ohm) to the Simaudio 740p/860a separate combo (200watts in 8ohms). How much money would I be out, well about 16,000. First question, do I need it? Currently own Franco Serblin Ketema (4ohm) speakers which appears to like a little more power than the 600i can put out. Will the modest upgrade to 200watt separate combo be beneficial. Thoughts from those that have listened to both the 600i and the 740p/860a combo.
128x128harris4crna

Hi Harris4cma,

It may be that very few people have heard the FS Ketema. Neither have I but if you have found good synergy between it and the Simaudio integrated, your system will most likely sound better with separates. The advantages of separates that come with individual power supplies, chassis, isolation and higher quality parts will improve the sound as will the added watts. 16k is a lot of dough but the Ketemas deserve it. JMHO.
Cheers!
Thanks Jon, you are correct most people probably not heard the Ketemas. Thanks for the insight.
Did you go to separates?  I'm trying to get a gage of the difference between the 700i and 700-level separates like the 740P and 7 or 800 series amp. Thanks

My retailer told me that SimAudio offered to “buy back” my 6+ month old SimAudio 600i V2 integrated amplifier at “full price” in exchange for a new SimAudio 700i V2 Integrated amp.   

After a long conversation (with my retailer), I decided to accept his offer. The 700i V2 amp has a much better oversized dual-mono power supply.  My retailer said the sound improvement will be very noticeable. I auditioned the 700i V2 amp and liked what I heard using my PMC Twenty5.26 speakers. It was a great opportunity, so I ordered the 700i V2 amplifier.

The 700i V2 amplifier has its own dedicated power supply for the preamplifier, while the 600i shares its power supply with both sections. The 700i V2 amp also features a considerably larger power transformer with greater reserve capacity.  

My retailer highly recommends SimAudio products because of their excellent sound quality, solid construction and great customer service. SimAudio offers that for any new SimAudio equipment you bought new, they will credit you 100% of your $$ investment if you purchased the unit in the last 12 months, and 75% in the last 12-24 months. This is how I upgraded to the SimAudio 700i V2 integrated amplifier. I hope this helps.  

Out of the box, my new SimAudio 700i V2 amp sounds very good. Now, after break-in, my 700i V2 amp sounds clearer with more musical detail then my previous SimAudio 600i V2 amp.   

I have no experience with the SimAudio separates you mentioned but my SimAudio 700i V2 amplifier is outstanding.  

I had the 600i v1 and loved it.   After getting new speakers I upgraded to  a Pass X250.8 and SimAudio 740P combo and it was a big step up from the 600i to my ears.   I tried various preamps with the Pass amp and it wasn't until I tried the 740P that I felt the combo took a big jump up over the 600i.      Assuming the 860a (and now v2) is equal or better than the Pass than I would imagine the 860a v2 + 740P would be a killer combo if you like the SimAudio sound signature (as I do).

The 700i V2 will be on my integrated list if I ever consolidate back to a higher end integrated...