To those with multiple tables/arms/cartridges

How do you 'play' your system?
For 30 years I had only one turntable, one arm and one cartridge......and it never entered my mind that there was an alternative?
After upgrading my turntable nearly 5 years ago to a Raven AC-3 which allowed easy mounting of up to four tonearms......I decided to add two arms.
RAVEN
A few years later I became interested in Direct Drive turntables and purchased a vintage 30 year old Victor/JVC TT-81 followed shortly after by the top-of-the-line TT-101 and I designed and had cast 3 solid bronze armpods which I had lacquered in gloss black.
TT-101
By this time I had over 30 cartridges (both LOMCs and MMs) all mounted in their own headshells for easy interchange.
STORAGE

Every day I listen to vinyl for 3-4 hours and might play with one cartridge on one arm on one table for this whole day or even two or three days.
I then might decide to change to a different arm and cartridge on a the same table or perhaps the other.....and listen to the last side I had just heard on the previous play.
I am invariably thrilled and excited by the small differences in presentation I am able to hear....and I perhaps listen to this combination for the next few days before again lusting after a particular arm or cartridge change?

Is this the way most of you with multiple cartridges/arms listen?......or are there other intentions involved?
128x128halcro

Showing 3 responses by sunnyboy1956

I thought this was about fun....and the many roads that can get you there. From the dogged empiricism of our Mexican friend where even an inch misalignment of your posterior at 80db on your favorite listening chair can mean missing the holy grail, to the endless variety of numerous carts and arms coupled with an aural acuity that can summon either Lorin Manzel or Claudio Abbado in attendance with the Chicago or whatever symphony at a venue of your choosing , to the Teutonic effluence of some and its implicit condescension....IMHO we take ourselves too seriously and crave acceptance for our idiosyncrasies .
One, two or more, carts, arms and TTs, how does it matter, so long as you can delude yourself and your better half that you think you are having fun...
Relax and Njoy
Thuchan
"Sunnyboy1956 (btw a very good year)..."
Obviously , the year of my birth.. :-)
Had sent you a PM regarding the Wavacs sometime back.
Apologies to the OP for the digression and taking the this OT, but we may be on to something as momentous and innocuous as MF's SRA:
MTA - Mirth Tracking Angle
Have a great weekend
Pradeep