To ROON or not to ROON ?

I have read a lot about upgrades from a blue sound vault of which I have. I have considered the rose, aurender, among others. The first question I have is Roon worth having ? I am a qobuz subscriber and wonder if Roon will make a substantial difference. As far as I know Aurender does not support Roon. Anyone with Room experience ?

THX for the feedback

fullerco

A week ago I started to consider buying an Aurender to replace my NUC/Roon setup.  It turned out to b an easy decision.  The sound quality of the Aurender blows away the Roon setup.  More detail and a richer overall sound.  

I actually think Roon's sound quality has worsened over the last few years.  I have also had an increasing number of connectivity issues.  It may be the result of so many processes going on within the software itself.  I look forward to the simplicity of the Conductor app.

You “have to Roon”. I have discovered so much new snd interesting music. Using both Tidal and Qobuz as well as a NAS.  Great high res music throughout the house and what a difference it makes. 

go for it and let us know how you make out!!

If I was to go back to a dedicated server (which I’m not), the best software and sound came from the Auralic Lightning DS, Lumin, and then Aurender. The best software on your own hardware is Roon, Audirvana, Pure Music. 
Not only does Roon sound the best, the user interface is a joy to use, very easy to integrate your ripped music with your streaming music, and I have found hundreds of new music because of Roon with its “if you like this artist, you will probably like these artists”. I have hundreds of thousands tracks of music and can navigate thru these with ease

I was a late adopter of Roon, but I would not go back at this point.  Having said that, if the only digital source you have is Qobuz and you only listen on one system, then perhaps Roon isn't for you. 

If you have multiple sources, then Roon is fantastic.  I have Qobuz, Tidal, and a large collection of music on my network and 4 systems.  Roon allows me to bring all the versions of a song or album into one interface and makes it easy for me to choose which system(s) to play it on.  It's also great about making suggestions for new music I should try.  The Qobuz interface is pretty good, but Roon will take things to another level even if that's your only source of digital music.