To REWIRE or LET BE: a speakers question

After asking around & getting conflicting advice, here I am again soliciting you, a-goners who have given me the BEST advice to-date to all my quests.
Should I change the internal wiring of my Gen Vs or will this upset the speakers sound balance / tuning?
The local dealer was all for it("sure, I'LL do it for you, have the right cables, too..."), the manufacturer hasn't answered (yet?), people around me say: forget it, you'll blow the tuning.

Apart from the sonic "danger", each speaker has 8 units, so the investment in wire & labour is considerable...

Has anyone tried this, or have an opinion? Thanks in advance!
gregm

Showing 2 responses by bruce1483

I say leave them alone. On any high end speaker, you must assume that the designer spent considerable time choosing each component, including wires, to optimize the sound of the speaker as a whole. The only way you will know if changing the wiring will improve or degrade the sound is to try it. It will be an expensive experiment if it fails and you have to reverse it. Spend your money upgrading something else or go buy some recordings.
I don't agree with the idea of "better wire" or "best wire" as used above. The best wire is the wire that sounds the best with these speakers. The only way you are going to find that wire system is to try a variety of wires. And this is a VERY expensive proposition if you are buying it by the foot and paying someone to do the work.

Since you have to view the system as a whole, how do you know that even if you find a wire that offers an improvement with your current setup, that the speakers would not sound better in their original configuration if you later update another component, say the power amp. I say stick with the speakers as they are and tweak the things that are easy to reverse or swap around.