to my friends of AudiogoN,

Because of an vindictive/evil provider at the local VA, I will be forced into a living situation that is punitive.  Not your problem and I do want you all to do well.  I simply may not have the access to be as active as I have been.  My best to all of you.  A world class M.D. once said that medical people at the VA are basically postal workers.....not to be down on postal workers, but if I want a package to get somewhere quick and safe.....FedEx or UPS. 

whatjd

Showing 1 response by bob540

@whatjd,  I am a retired social worker and don’t know about the VA system, but as others have stated, there are people to help advocate in your behalf.  There are Social Services staff at the VA, and there should be Ombudsman staff (ours was through the local Senior Citizens agency; I don’t know if VA has their own as well), and the local TV stations sometimes have reporters that handle community complaint stories.  And then your elected representatives.

I have dealt with folks that wanted to continue living as they were doing for years, but decline in their physical health and/or mental faculties made that unsafe for them.  Sometimes they couldn’t have the arrangement they wanted, but they still have options, and those options should be explored with you.  To the extent that advocates can help you to find a safe, pleasant living situation, they should try.  I hope that things can work out for you so that the change is not so painful. Please keep us informed.