To much wattage for B & W 805s ??

After hearing the new 805S I'm thinking of purchasing. My problem is that I just bought a Madrigal Proceed HPA-2 (250wpc that doubles to 500wpc).. 0.1% THD) The B&W brochure advises using no more than a 120wpc amp. I rarely, if ever go near 11 o'clock on my volume setting. I have not yet sold my BPA-2 (125wpc) but would of course prefer to use the bigger amp. With all the dynamics in classical music would I have to worry about damaging the speakers. Would it be recommended I use the smaller amp and stay within B&W's guidelines. I would really appreciate your advice. Thank you! (and I apologize if this has been discussed, but I couldn't find it in another thread.)
classical1

Showing 2 responses by jeffjarvis

My 805s sound nice with 33 watts Class A by Sugden.
I also listened to some powerfull amps from Krell and Mcintosh. Don't think I'm missing anything.

I don't think I can ask anything more from my 33 watt, Sugden Masterclass integrated. Very pleased.
Can't turn the volume knob past 7:00 position without disturbing the neighbors. If you were sitting here and I told you it was 200 watts, you would believe it.
If you ever get to Bangkok, look me up so we can have a serious listen.