To monoblock or not to monoblock McIntosh MC275's

Hi everyone,

I'd appreciate your opinions on the matter. I currently own an MC275 MK IV, running McIntosh XRT 28's. It sounds great - even though the XRT's can handle up 1200W and the MC275's output 80-90W.

I got my hands on a NOS (still sealed) MK IV, and I'm debating whether I should keep it and run as them monoblocks. The reason I'm not trying it personally, is because I don't want to open that new one that's still sealed.

So my dilemma is -  would running 2 MC275 as monoblocks make a BIG difference in sound quality?

I'm sure it will be louder, but for the sake of the argument, if my sound is now 100% - in your opinion
(hypothetically speaking) will it improve it to say 103% or 120%? Will I notice a big enough difference?

Thank you!
yyman23

Showing 1 response by nascimento1958

I will try to pass my experience, I have a C2300, two MC 275 MKV and a pair of Tannoy Westminster Royal, I do not need a lot of power. One channel of the MC275 plays the low frequencies, another channel plays the mid and high frequencies of the right channel, with the other MC275 the same in the left channel! I found this combination, better than bridge, better channel separation, better sound stage!