To Fuse or Not to Fuse... That is the question!

Ok.. I think I understand that no fuse is better than a cheap fuse. And a good fuse is better than a cheap fuse. But is no fuse better than the best fuse?

One person on Audiogon said that he achieved better sound by using a Blue fuse over no fuse. I guess my question is... Do these new, high dollar fuses just allow the current to flow better with solid protection or do they actually due to quantum physics or something, actually improve upon the signal by eliminating errant bad electrons and thereby actually improving the music over no fuse at all?

I gots to know!

captaindidactic
Roberttcan
jae48 said he would like to set up a room at an audio show so that we can run some double blind tests like this. I am willing to put in some good money, heck I would put up a grand. You? Wouldn’t you like to, for once, be able to point to a large listening group test that clearly, in front of pundits and naysayers alike proved what you are claiming?
This is not the place to promote gambling. We’ve been through this before. Beware the audio guru.

What’s especially absurd about this "put your money where your mouth is" taunt is that if you really seek an objective test, you’d want to remove as many variables and outside influences as possible. Obviously, making money part of the equation can only interfere with the results.

Personally, I don’t see any need to prove to others what I hear. They can accept or reject my observations as they see fit. No need for a wager, argument, or time-consuming listening tests.

Post removed 
All I know is after blowing  a SR Blue 5A fuse in my 5A amp rated amp (ARC VSI75), I blew two more, 6.3 amp blue fuses after about the same 210 hours of usage....I like what it did but....no more...put a new stock fuse in and it seemed alot better then the 2 year old stock fuse.....
nb_dude
All I know is after blowing a SR Blue 5A fuse in my 5A amp rated amp (ARC VSI75), I blew two more, 6.3 amp blue fuses after about the same 210 hours of usage....I like what it did but....no more...put a new stock fuse in and it seemed alot better then the 2 year old stock fuse.....

>>>>>Undoubtedly it’s because you inserted the new stock fuse in the correct direction, accidentally, whereas the 2 year old stock fuse was in the wrong direction, accidentally. What are the odds? And it’s not even broken in yet. 😬
Post removed