Tinnitus anyone?

After years of loud stereos and playing electric guitar recreationally I have developed a continuous ringing? Also leads to music sounding brittle. Anyone else reconciling this with how you listen and enjoy a good sound system?
hnx

Showing 1 response by doug28450

I have constant ringing in both ears from eight years as a Navy pilot. The Navy checks hearing in flight crews during the annual flight physical. The high pitched whine of the turbine engines powering the aircraft has effects on hearing and eventually leads to tinnitus. I wore hearing protection all time on the flight line and while flying but it took it's toll. Some days are worse than others, but it is there all of the time. It doesn't seem to effect my ability to critically listen to and enjoy music. I have been asked by friends to listen to their systems for evaluations and I have confirmed thier determinations or detected other things. I am curious. Several of you indicated that caffiene has an affect. Does a reduction in caffiene intake help or as in my case the damage has been done?