Timbernation Platform Problems

I recently bought a 19" x 19" x 2" maple platform from Timbernation. The plan was to use this platform with my Zoethecus amp stand for supporting my ARC Ref110 amp. When I received maple platform one of the sides was not properly planed down. The surface is irregular and rough. I will try to post a photo or two soon. 

When I contacted Mariah at Timbernation via email here is the response I received: "I showed Chris the pics and he said that it will fit into your stand just fine. Did you try it yet? You will be able to put the unfinished side down into your stand and the finished side will be facing up." 

I expected a maple block that was of high quality and not one that has significant imperfections on one side. Has anyone had any similar experiences with Timbernation? Should I just accept this? Any input or advise is appreciated.
pilrem
Post removed 
They are popular because there is an intrinsic feel of "it" if it's correct for the application. And to a certain point they do work. That's all I know. That's also why companies like "MapleShade" are in business. Besides, have you ever tried asking for a 18" x 18" solid piece of hard Maple 4" thick at any lumberyard? Some of the looks I received were astounding.
    I recently needed to have a four piece "base" set made for my line-source speakers. I ended up paying over $1000 for the raw slab with the bark still on it to get the size I needed. The prices for tonewoods of that size are ridiculous. Fortunately I live close to P.R.S. guitars. A factory that uses allot of large wood slab So I Bought some that was earmarked for them. Shipping costs would have made what I accomplished infeasible.
You got screwed with a crap build piece....bottom line.
Go get it replaced or returned with a refund.

i bought mine from MAPLESHADE thst was fully finished (planed, sanded, and varnished) on ALL sides , as one would expect.
An inexpensive alternative to wood is Bluestone, a granite-like outdoor paving stone sold at many Home Depot stores. The advantages/physical characteristics of Bluestone are extreme hardness, very high mass and extreme stiffness. I suggest a size of 18x18x2. Mount the Bluestone on your favorite cones. Voila!
Easy boys! Everything is being taken care of and there was a logical and reasonable explanation on how this happened. The block was about $150 and not $300 like i read...

Remember that this board is dropped into my Zoethecus and is used for my amp.