Tift Merrit on tour

Just a heads-up for anybody who leans toward contemporary alt-country w rock & roll accent or for that matter who enjoys a tight band w strong vocals and harmonies, try to catch Tift and her band on her current tour. If you are not familiar w her music, think think Emy-Lou Harris in her days fronting the Hot Band. I saw them in a small club last Friday. She sings great, plays rhythm acoustic and electric guitar, and electric piano, and has an engaging stage presence. Backed by a drummer, bass/harmony vocals and outstanding lead electric guitar/pedal steel player. Highly recommended. Her web site says she is opening for Emy-Lou in Atlanta later this summer; now THAT would be a show.
128x128swampwalker

Showing 1 response by jeffb28451

I guess I should reconsider my recent and extremely unpleasant experience I had when I was required to, for social reasons, listen to all of "I'll be your Tambourine". Please God, make it stop...

Not since I was pharmachologically restrained, listening to Frank Zappa in the early 70's, have I had a remotely desperate and similar experience. Oh, well, I came to terms with Franks stuff, eventually.

We get plenty of her shows in NC, so I'll try to re-open my mind and listen again...I guess I missed something,esp. if she's being compared to ELH.