Tidal - why only remastered versions?

I am frustrated that when I listen via Tidal that only the remastered version of a cd can be found. Am I doing something wrong? Is this a copyright issue?  I often find the remaster to be worse than the original - particularly as digital gets better. 

Thanks. 
marklindemann
This is because Tidal gets the music from the record labels. The only version of this music now sold through retail and online outlets are the remastered copies, as they are the labels excuse for selling you the same recorded music again. It's only natural the label would want to provide Tidal with the latest remaster, as many people these days will use streaming services to determine which music they actually want to own, and are more likely to buy whatever version they played on the streaming service. 
Hey Mark
  I don’t mean to derail your thread but I am curious as to why you prefer original masterings.  I primarily listen to Classical and usually the remasters are far superior to the originals (which in the fifties through mid seventies were primarily mastered to be played on AM Radio), but pop is a different kettle of fish.  
yea some remasters are pretty awesome... echo and the bunnymen are great
megadeth, no... but there is a story on those
the cars remasters are great
I'm more concerned with the disappearing albums that used to be there but are now gone. A few fav's are now not available.
For the music I favor, I frequently see multiples of the albums and many times it's not obvious to me what their differences are unless the M sign or "remastered" etc. This I wish Tidal would change so it's very clear what are the differences between the albums. I think sometimes they're just duplicates that got into the library. Qobuz was the same way.