I'm a Tidal HiFi subscriber and would like to add Roon for playback. I currently run Tidal as an app on the Oppo player, and don't know if the Oppo can run as a Roon endpoint, much less run Roon Core.
I would expect to run Roon on a Windows 10 PC, connected to the Oppo by ethernet (PC & Oppo not in the same room or even close).
I'm guessing I'd have to run Tidal on the PC (not Oppo) as well. True?
Q: How would I make this work?
- Oppo BDP-105d (latest firmware) / disc + Tidal HiFi
- PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC (in beta testing)
- Bryston SP3
- Bryston 6B SST2
- Revel Ultima Studio, Voice, Embrace, Sub30
- PS Audio P500 Power Plant
- Audioquest cables (Jaguar, Pike's Peak, other)