Thumbs up for ultrasonic record cleaning

My Cleaner Vinyl ultrasonic record cleaner arrived today and it’s impressive.

Everything I’d read indicated that ultrasonic was the way to go, and now I count myself among the believers. Everything is better - records are quieter, less ticks and pops, more detail etc.

All my records had been previously cleaned with a vacuum record cleaner and were well cared for. Nonetheless, the difference is obvious and overwhelmingly positive.

Phil
phil0618
@terry9 ,

Thank you so much!

I'm reminded by your responses... of the designer of my phono-preamplifier who is a scientists by training...

There is a common logic behind all of this madness.

Cheers!
..just reading all these posts, and reflecting on my experience....

I have a Nitty Gritty I got many years ago.   I've used the cleaning machine to clean records maybe 10 records in about 10 years.  In my experience, the little benefit is simply not worth the effort (I'm lazy I guess).  I listen to vinyl every day ....I am a violinist and have lived well though the years doing it.  Every one should embrace their passions.
@stringreen

I agree that in general the vacuum method is better than nothing, but the US method seems far superior.  It may or may not be "worth it" to you, but there is a difference.  But you are focused on the right things...

Enjoying the music and embracing passions.

@terry thank you for defining what you meant by "heroic rinsing".  That's amazing.
stringreen, did you buy all or most of your records new?  I believe that can make a big difference, particularly if one is careful about how they treat/handle their records, which I suspect you may be.

But I've become a believer in US even without yet owning one, simply based upon the overwhelming positive comments I've read on line.

My first record cleaner was a Nitty Gritty but it had the manual record rotation.  I soon grew tired of that and bought a VPI 16.5.  That changed my whole attitude about record cleaning.  Now I plan to get an US device but will keep my 16.5 for rinsing and drying.