Throughly disappointed with my new Yamaha A-3000 Integrated.......

well, I love it when it's not shutting down.  Finally called the dealer and told them I'm done with it.  From the first day, it shut off and went into protection mode after 10 minutes of listening.  It's doing it all the time now.  I did figure out how to reset the amp, but it continues to go into protection mode.  Here's what I've done to track the issue down.  Am I missing anything?  By the way, I'm a user, not someone who can track down voltages, test wires etc etc.

1. Pulled power cord for 30 minutes- I use a PS audio PC
2. Unplugged all connections- amp stayed in protection mode with nothing plugged in.
3. I then figured out how to reset the amp.  The amp then worked for for some periods before shutting off.  Yesterday for example, playing vinyl, amp shut off after 5 minutes.  I then did the reset and listened for 2 hours without shutting down. 
4. Today, after 5 minutes it shut down again.
5. Doesn't matter if it's vinyl or CD playing.
6. I just unplugged my Sub now as the rca cables are a bit bent up; however it didn't affect play for 2 hours yesterday without shutting off.

Disappointed as I was looking forward to breaking this in over Christmas break........  
128x128dhpeck

Showing 9 responses by dhpeck

thanks for the comments.  My dealer has been great.  Thank God I didn't buy it used/new online.  I like the amp so much, my dealer is going to order another one and I'll give it another try.  Hoping next one works out, because I got a really great deal on this unit and wouldn't know what to go to here with $5000k to spend.
The dealer is getting me a brand new one, as this one was also.  I running Legacy Classic HDs, 4 Ohms I believe.  I should mention my Yamaha a-s2000 ran the same speakers no problem with a bit less power.  I pray the new one works as I can't fathom the thought of finding something else I'd be happy with.
@almarg - I've had the sub plugged into the pre-out connection as recommended.  Were you thinking perhaps the sub was plugged into the speaker connections?
Thanks Al got it.  I know I didn't do that.  Will wait on new unit and go from there  
My sub only has 2 RCA connectors in which I connect to the pre-out right/left on the amp
ha ha wolf, right?  Well it sounds amazing to my ears so hopefully new unit will work out.  If not, I'll replace with the Yamaha model that comes with two wheels....
Ok boys and girls, new A-S3000 unit came in and it's been playing all night without glitches.  Thank God as I didn't want to go to any other integrated.  I really enjoy what I hear as smooth, liquid, but detailed without being fatiguing.
@jafant I'm in Green Bay, WI working with HiFi Heaven.  They are outstanding to deal with.  There was no hesitation from them to take care of me on this defective unit by getting another new unit to me.  I have been upgrading over time via their trade up program.  Being in Green Bay WI they do most of their business online.  HiFiheaven.net

So far so good with this new unit!
sounds like a good dealer.  Good luck, I was worried when mine had issues as I didn't want to go a different direction.  My new one is flawless and emits beautiful sound.