Threshold T200 sound quality?

Ihave a chance to buy this amp in good working order for 1000.00.Is this the steal that i think it is?I know this amp was a stereophile class a amp any thoughts on the sound quality?Iheard Threshold was re-opening so this is not a big concern,does this amp compare well to levinson ect?
ears
I too owned the T-200 at one point & considered it a great amp. I also agree that even today it will give most amps a run for there money. When new they retailed for $4600. Used typicaly they sell for around the $1700 - $1900 range providing it is in mint condition. At $1000, in your own words...it's a STEAL. Like Tsquared, if you don't want it, I'll take it!
The T200 is a wonderful amp. I had one for a short while, bought it used and it came with a big dent, so I moved to the Aleph seies. Nelson Pass is a great amp designer, the T200 is a very musical SS amp and has HUGE punch. It drove the heck out of a pair of B&W 804s I had. I would have kept it except for the dent. I highly recommend it. I would buy it in a second for 1000, if you don't want it, I'll take it.
I AGREE,I OWN A THRESHOLD T400 AND THINK HIGHLY OF IT.THAT IS DEFINITELY A STEAL.WHAT SPEAKERS WILL YOU BE USING WITH IT? ALSO BE CAREFUL WHAT PREAMP YOU ARE USING IF YOU INTEND TO USE BALANCED INTERCONNECTS BECAUSE THE INPUT IMPEDANCE IS VERY LOW AT 2K FOR BALANCED BUT AN OK 50K SINGLE ENDED.IF YOU DONT BUY IT I WILL TOO!!! GOOD LUCK,RICH
It's no Levinson, but it *is* a damn fine amp. If you don't buy it please email me the details off-line. I'm in the market for something to drive my new subs. Best of luck.
This was a great amp along with the 10/te(similar) pre amp. How it compares to todays stuff----well at the price and you didn't have to use a gun--go for it.