Threshold Stasis S/150

I am considering purchasing the S/150 to drive the Vandersteen 2ci. Do you think the S/150 is enough to drive the 2ci? What I have heard is that the first 30 watts is in Class A mode. Thanks 

Ag insider logo xs@2xhighend64

Suggesting a Parasound A/B Amp to a Threshold Class A Amp is a poor comparison! Nothing in the Parasound line is comparable, and that is from personal experience with both Amps. 

@boostedis Suggesting a Parasound A/B Amp to a Threshold Class A Amp is a poor comparison! Nothing in the Parasound line is comparable, and that is from personal experience with both Amps.

Tend to agree, argh. Had a Parasound A23+ for 45 days myself. Bought it 2nd hand from a chap who owned it a year. Plenty broken in. Was gonna use it as a backup amp. Ended up reselling it to a new owner who was okay with it. Nice build quality, nothing special about the sound in my system, just barely okay, unfortunately. Hopefully others have better luck with this unit, maybe so.

Comparing the two in my system, it’s not even close when talking upgraded/updated Class A Threshold, Forte Audio, to that particular Parasound unit. Quite a startling difference fwiw.

@audioman58

I am not sure if it was rebuilt but I can also get the model FET Two pre with it. I did some research notice that the S/150 models that some have the mkii. The model that the person is selling has the speaker binding post vertical where some I see was horizontal.

It’s your $$ May point was have old capacitors in it you are inviting disaster 

it’s like having 25 year old tires on your car, the dielectric and cap inside is falling apart ,especially going back 20 + years capacitor technologies was not that great.

I have been into Audio for over 40 years and have tech friends  we have literally cut capacitors apart , unless you plan on having it upgraded when you buy it then 

not such a good deal and bunches of other parts internally are on their way out 

it’s like buying a older car with 150k on the mileage , and with audio one bad part can take out several with it , been. There done that . Much better off buying new 

you didnot mention. How much $$ you were spending .it will cost you minimum of $1500 to rebuild this amp 

I understand your analogy and you make a valid point but I don’t know the condition of the amp. It could be near mint or have some wear and tear, I don’t know but that is why questions has to asked. Would you by a car that is 30 years old with 30k, probably or tires that are new from way back when , probably.