Threshold s/500 vs Cambridge Azur 851 CD

The Threshold looks bigger and more robust but the Cambridge has XLR’s. Won’t use the Cambridge for a receiver, only DAC - amp - speakers. 
Any ideas?

Threshold never seems to make it to anyone’s top 20 list?

128x128geworthomd

I thank you. I am developing this idea. I will box my Magnaplanar 3’d up for awhile. They have great midrange and superior stereo listening positions, very smooth and forgiving. They just don’t go very loud. I do have a sub. 
I will pull Vandersteen 2Ce out of another room (av room) and use them for music.

I have 4 Nautilus SCM-1. They have great highs, pretty darn good midrange and nothing else. I guess I will put those in the tx room and use them for rear and side effects. That seems like early retirement for nice speakers though. I wonder if I should use 2 of them for main music listening. 

I just purchased a Sony HAP Z1ES 1tb DAC NAS and a broadband service, Quobuz Premium. 

Now an amp. I bought one Digital Audio Maraschino Cherry and have been looking for a second one. They sold last for about $2,000 per pair. Used at 50% would be $1,000 but I only need one not a pair. So, I am looking for an amp about $1500 used. If I find another Cheery I can bi-amp the Vandersteens. Of course that still leaves me with the Nautilus. I could put two of them below the tv and use them for a center channel. 

For music I have. Yamaha P2500 running mono to RBH in-wall no box dual 8” subs with crossover built in.  The magnets are small, made in China and really lack a box. I will redo the speaker when I think of a direction later. Probably I will build a box into the interior wall that will be hidden and buy some real speakers. 

I can’t wait to update from Mag 3, iphone + Pandora. Bluetooth isn’t cutting it for me. I used to like listening to music but with the latter it became lifeless. 

Forgot to tell you, I have a McIntosh MC2100. I used it with the Mag’s until one of the channels went dim and scratchy. I need to find a guy to have it fixed. It was a good match with the Mag’s. It has had the main caps replaced with the big blue ones. That set up wasn’t very loud. One of the Mag’s prob needs a tweeter wire re-glued. I’ll put that down as project number 56 on my to do list that grows more than gets checked off