Threshold S/300 Used In Mono Mode

Hello All,
I love the Threshold S/300 I brought used so much I plan to purchase a second one and use them in mono to drive the Magnapan 1.6 I plan to buy as soon as I relocate.

My question is, can these amps be used in this manner and how can I accomplish this feat? Is it a difficult thing to do? Is there anyone using these great power amps this way at present? By the way, I am using a Classe DR-5 pre amp and the sound I am getting is wonderful, full and very musical. I believe the sound will be greatly improved when I get the Magnapans involved.

My music preferences tend towards small and large scale orchestral and choral classical works as well as large a small scale modern jazz works and big band music. I love a wide, tall and large soundstage with plenty of front to back depth. I look forward to all comments and suggestions. Thanks all.

Bob
rbwinterlink

Showing 1 response by driver

I would give Jon Soderberg a call to see if it is possible to modify your amp for mono operation & to find out what his recommendation is on the best way to proceed.