Threshold 800A or Threshold 4000?
I am driving a mixed 80% music/20% movie system.Currently:
- Yamaha CX-A5000 pre/pro
- Nakamichi PA-7II drives L/R fronts- stacked Large Advents in parallel
- Crown ce 1000 drives L/R fronts - stacked JBL 4311b/RSL 3300 in parallel
- Yamaha RX-v3800 drives L/R surrounds - stacked "smaller" Advents in series
- Yamaha RX-V3800 drives center - Premier Acoustics 2-way 8" + 1" x2 ported
- Yamaha RX-V3800 drives Rear L/R surrounds - EPI 10" 2-way
- 2 HSU VTF-3 MK5 600w powered subs
- Primary sources: Thorens TD-160 Super w/ Magnepan Unitrac I arm - various carts but usually Shure M91 ED; Marantz 6006 CD; Oppo DV-980H
As you can probably tell - mostly music and loud but clean - typical listening level 80-90 db
I want to repurpose the Crown to the L/R surrounds and replace it with something more nuanced and musical for the JBL/RSL stacks. I like the Nak but PA-7's and 7II's are becoming hard to find at a reasonable cost/condition. Wondering if it is worth it to look for a 200-250w Class A Threshold like the 4000 or the 800A?