Three way active xover ?

Any of you guys do active speaker systems.Not one box active, I mean an active xover and separate amps.I'm thinking of hand picking drivers for a three way system.I was thinking of using my three B&K ST-140's for the fronts (LCR).They would power the high's and mids.I was looking for a killer three ch. for the bass.Like a rotel 200w x3.
kgveteran

Showing 1 response by audionut6666379

Obviously the systems mentioned in the other responses are good systems. If you want to try an active crossover system without selling your children into slavery, the BEHRINGER, MODEL CX-3400 3-WAY crossover, availible at www.MUSICIANS FRIEND for about $120 plus shipping. The unit has adjustible crossover points and is amazingly clean. For experimenting, any 3-way speaker can be used. Just disconnect the passive crossover and connect each individual driver to the appropriate amp. Be sure the active crossover is set close to the same passive crossover points, so you won't fry the drivers. You will be able to compare the sound and experiment with different crossover points and levels to insure that this is the direction you want to go. It has been my experience, that any active crossover system will sound better than a comparable system utilizing passive crossovers.