THOUGHTS PLEASE- also emotiva.......?

I have an onkoyo txnr809 receiver     its been great for years     thinking of using it in a different room and getting something different to use      something more up to date that allows me to hear more of what i watch        anyone recommend anything in a decent price range

also what do you guys think of emotiva?     i love the look     owners even nice seen and met him at audio shows

hows the product and is it worth it       sounds like their interface is weak and options       whats the thought with this brand        and if not them what brand and model of what your mentioning.     not looking to spend over 2400 for everything say     rather not spend 2k but     please give some thoughts or ideas.      id like something better then my onkoyo txnr809 as well       thanks guys

tim
128x128tblanka
About 6-7 years ago I had both an Emotiva and an Onkyo. At the time my old Theta Casanova spanked them both.

The new Anthem I have is much closer to the Casanova.
i have the newest klipsch speakers but was thinking to upgrade them too but figured start with the unit to run it all first         i watch alot of tv and movies       music hear and there and rcok for the most part some dance stuff but mainly rock      id get it to concentrate on tv and movies      just want to hear background stuff you dont hear with others and i want my system to push where it gives you the whole effect of the movie        i love the way emotiva looks but something is just off with it      i keep reading weak interface which is surprising to me     its not like its cheap to be having this as a flaw       wonder why the reviews are always good even whent here r compliants 

anthem ha?        which one do you have by them?      il start taking a look at them then      THANKS
If you are at the $2400 budget and looking for a receiver, I would suggest Marantz (if you want a warm sound) or Anthem (if you want a faster crisper clean sound). 

Emotiva doesn't make receivers.  I haven't listened to their new processors, but the original XMC-1 was okay but a little muddy in the sound.  The current generation Emotiva amps aren't good because of their switching power supply.
I’ve had all the above units in one form or another. Can’t speak to this years models. Loved my Onkyo. Gave it to my son. Loved my old Denon and bought a new one for HT. Their too of the line receivers have a very nice sound. I run pre-outs to the front three but the rest are out of the receiver. I prefer Denon or Onkyo. You can always add mono blocks later. Good luck. 
I’ve had all the above units in one form or another. Can’t speak to this years models. Loved my Onkyo. Gave it to my son. Loved my old Denon and bought a new one for HT. Their top of the line receivers have a very nice sound. I run pre-outs to the front three but the rest are out of the receiver. I prefer Denon or Onkyo. You can always add mono blocks later. Good luck.