Thoughts on the Krell 402

I have been looking at amps for a while now to pair with my new to me Legacy signatures. I have seen a few Krell 402's pop up in the last year and they seem like very well built amps. I am wondering if anyone has any experience with this amp and what your thoughts were on it. My other question would be should I be looking at something newer? I have also considered the Michi S5 but it would involve that I travel a significant distance to reach the nearest dealer (No one seems to sell them online here in the states).

128x128mr_jarble

Showing 3 responses by mr_jarble

Thanks for the reply. I decided to pull the trigger, hopefully it pairs well with my speakers. 

So I got the amp in and installed over the weekend. Must say I am loving it so far.

You are not kidding about the weight of this amp. I definitely want to replace the emotiva in the future but I need to recover from this expense first: ). My thought is to get a nice pre then look into a solid dac and I really like some of the suggestions you have made. One of the things that bothers me though is most components these days don't have 12v triggers and I really like pushing one button on a remote to bring everything online (laziness at its peak).