Thoughts on the Jeff Rowland Concerto integrated?

I am looking for any reviews that may be out there on the JRDG Concerto Integrated amplifier. I have done a search on Audiogon and a Google search and have come up with little in terms of actual review information. If you know of any such reviews, I'd appreciate it if you let me know where I can find them.

Have you had a chance to compare it with other integrated amps out there and how did it stack up? How about comparison with the better separates? It certainly appears to have ample power. How is it in terms of tonality, PRAT, imaging/soundstage? Finally, how good is the on-board phono stage?

I am looking at consolodating a couple of components (Lamm L1 line stage, Pass Labs Aleph 5 amp, highly upgraded EAR 834/S&B transformers) with a single unit. Would the Concerto (or any other integrated you can recommend) come close, or even better, improve on this? My speakers are Dunlavy Alethas, but will likely be downsized to a Merlin VSM/TSM or Kharma 3.1/3.2.

Many thanks in advance for reading this and for any information you can provide.

All the best,
Neville
njp

Showing 1 response by flg2001

The Rowland signature sound in present in almost all of their amp designs, I would describe it as velveted, nice soundstaging and very coherent in all the sonic soectrum (freq. response).

I have had more than five Rowland amp (including the Rowland 2 which is the foundation for the COncerto design) and you just cant go wrong with these one.

Are there somo other good options available for that price, maybe yes... but you will end up with a very nice - single box design, high POW and a very reliable amp.

I would highly recommend it, just look out for a good option in the used market.

Fernando