thoughts on phono stage

I am considering upgrading my phono stage, which is currently a Sim 310.  I listen almost exclusively to vinyl (mostly acoustic jazz).  The other components include Hegel H30, PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium, Magico S3 mkI and RP8 (with Apheta cart).  Right now, my possible list includes Sim 610, Sutherland Duo, Pass Labs XP-25 and Lehmann Silver.  My stretch budget might get me up to $6,000 and I will be looking for something used.  Any input will be most appreciated.  My options to audition locally are very limited..............

vinylbliss
Herron Audio VTPH-2. The Herron is a vacuum tube design and plays well above its price point.

Chuck 
secretguy - thanks for your response; you raise several interesting issues.  Are phono stages "less important" to the ultimate sound of an analogue system than the other components?  Is a high-end (i.e.more expensive) phono stage really no better than an entry-level one?  Is there a general rule of thumb that your phono stage should cost no more than a certain % of your pre-amp?

@vinylbliss regarding the value of phono stages.

I think an argument can credibly be made that the phono stage is the most important amplification step in any analog system. Information lost at the front end can never be retrieved downstream and the challenge of accurate RIAA decoding and amplification from <<1mV is severe

i just upgraded from a REF 2SE to a step up/solid stage MM only setup costing 3x the ARC, and more than my preamp or power amps. In my mind the improvement in sound is night and day, actually much more than when I originally went from a Hovland amp to the REF2 anyway

Anway I hope you get to try a variety of stages in your system, and don’t also neglect to look into step up and lower gain options as well, I find this combination has many merits
https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/on-step-ups-and-the-importance-of-managing-gain

"If it doesn’t come out of your source, it can’t come out of your speakers.”
Ben Zwickel of mojo audio

the phono stage is that important. I second Chuck, the Herron vtph-2a